With a limited amount of time before recruitment began, our team hit the ground running. We began by creating mockups of the functionality using rapid prototyping software. This gave us the chance to review all functionality with the FWI team prior to starting development to ensure all stakeholders and were aligned on the end result. Testing the UI prior to writing any code reduced the need for rework.
This first phase of development included an account creation/management for applicants and a 5-step, easy-to-follow, secure application process with Adobe Sign integration. As each step in the online application was completed, a visual indication showed when requirements were met. Final applications could not be submitted until all of the required documents were uploaded and all requirements were met. This process eliminated incomplete or incorrect applications while greatly improving and simplifying the applicant experience.
The second phase began the development of the secure backend where administrators could review applications in an organized manner for review and scoring.
We created a custom online tool to manage the applications for the FOX Entertainment Writers Incubator (FWI) program that:
- Was customized for the FWI program with the ability to easily expand and grow with the initiative and others
- Vastly improves the user experience for both applicants and the administrative team
- Visually shows when requirements are met
- Automates steps in the process to reduce administrative burden and streamline a manual and complex process
- Reduces human error, increase efficiency and consistency
After seeing a valuable improvement to application management during the initial application season following launch, the FWI and Sanger & Eby teams are currently planning enhancements to the tool including further improve the administrative scoring features.