Video marketing continues to grow exponentially, and no wonder - for many, it's the preferred way to absorb information. Have you embraced video marketing for your school?
Video does more than just communicate information – when it’s done well, it can inspire viewers, engaging them more deeply in your brand and making them more likely to respond to your call to action. In working with our education clients and their stakeholders, we consistently hear how important video is in communicating authentically, sharing student experience, and creating meaningful connections. 55% of the online audience watches online video every day, according to recent research from Digital Information World, so sharing your message via video is an incredibly effective way to get your message across.
Utilizing video also creates opportunity to boost the signal for your marketing efforts, because you can post it on multiple channels. Posting your videos on other platforms such as YouTube and Facebook not only gets them in front of more people than posting on your website alone, but also creates an opportunity to interact with your content through liking and sharing.
In short, if you’re not currently incorporating video, you’re missing an incredible opportunity to connect and engage with prospective students and their influencers, as well as with your current students.
Video production doesn't always have to be a time-consuming and costly endeavor, but it should represent your voice and brand. At Sanger & Eby we often create simple and informative videos to communicate with our audiences in a different way. Our website development video below was scripted, filmed and edited by our team members.
So where to start? Creating a recruitment video to showcase your school and its culture is a great start, but to engage your audience beyond recruitment season, there are other opportunities to create and share content through this powerful medium. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Tell alumni success stories: Share the stories of alumni that benefited from your school and found success in their life, community, career, etc.
- Highlight student organizations: This not only gives another view of your school’s culture to prospective students, it can help boost involvement for current students, too.
- Promote annual events: There are two opportunities with events; create a promotional video to encourage attendance, along with a video recap after the event to use on your website or social and thank attendees.
- Answer frequently asked questions: Save time, and help your audiences feel understood and informed before they even make their first visit. Having an admissions representative or other school administrator answer common questions from prospective students via a video series will add a personal touch and help your school stand out. You could try hosting live video events through your social channels for prospective families to have their questions answered in real-time.
- Share exciting moments: Did your school win an academic competition, sports championship or is there an upcoming musical or play? These are all excellent moments to capture in video to share with your community.
Creating great videos doesn't have to break the bank. They don't even need to be formally scripted. The key is to be authentic in the message you’re delivering. Remember, you’re creating an emotional connection with your audience.